28 July 2012

Iftar at Almaz by Momo

Inside Harvey Nichols in Mall Of The Emirates you'll find Almaz by Momo. It's a warm, cozy Moroccan bubble inside the busy mall. I and C was here a few month ago and we found it very good so I thought I should try their Iftar.

A warm greeting and then I was shown to my table. I got a seat in the middle of the restaurant which is a bit elevated from the rest of the dining room. The nice, warm atmopshere really made me happy.

After the traditional start with dates it was time to grab some food. I got a big smile on my face when I saw the buffet. Everything looked so mouthwatering. I had three plates of various flavors.


Plate 1:
cauliflower salad
zaalouk (aubergine and tomato salad)
beetroot salad
fried marrow salad
foul mangoub (fava bean salad)
beetroot mutabal
grilled halloumi
baba ganoush
olives flavored with anise






Plate 2:
hummus
green beans with chick peas and olive oil
fattoush
sautéed mushrooms
sourki cheese salad
tabouleh

Plate 3:
lamb tagine with pear and date
berber tagine
moughrabiya chicken





After the feast I had a sample of a few desserts. Arabic pastries has never been my favorite and I find them being a bit too sweet but everything thing was nicely presented.






Moroccan tea rounded of the meal before I went back out to the hectic mall.
I hope I'll be back soon so I can try the dishes I had to pass today.





No comments: